Thank you for choosing Starhost!
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. By using Starhost Services, you agree to these Terms of Service. If you do not accept these Terms, do not register for an Account, or purchase, access, or use the Verbosec Starhost Services in any way.
- Verbosec Inc. (hereinafter, “Starhost,” “Verbosec,” “Verbosec Starhost,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides hosting services, software, and support through our MyStarhost application; MyH hosting management software; and other related websites, applications, services, software, and personnel (collectively, the “Services”). The websites created and managed by our Clients through our Services are collectively referred to herein as “Client Websites”. The third-party visitors of Client Websites are referred to herein as “End Users”.
- These Terms of Service (“Terms” or “Agreement”) form a binding legal agreement between Starhost and any person or organization who purchases, accesses, or uses the Services (“Client”, “you”, or “your”). You represent, warrant, and agree (a) that you have the full power and authority to enter into and perform under these Terms, or (b) if you are using our Services on behalf of an organization, entity, or group that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such organization’s, entity’s, or group’s behalf.
- Updates to the Terms. We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms at any time in our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes by revising the date at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of our Services following notification of changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. Please periodically review these Terms and check for any updates.
Eligibility and Client Account
- In order to access and use the Services, you may be required to register an account with Starhost (the “Account”) and select a Service plan. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, or any higher minimum age in the jurisdiction where you reside, to register an Account or access or use the Services.
- You are not eligible to use the Services or register for an Account if (a) you are located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods or services, including, but not limited to, Iran, Syria, Cuba, and North Korea, or (b) you are subject to economic or other sanctions by the United States, European Union, United Nations, or any other government or international body.
- By using the Services or registering for an Account, you agree to (a) provide accurate, truthful, current, and complete information; (b) maintain and promptly update your Account information upon any changes; (c) maintain the security of your Account and Service plan by protecting your password and restricting access to your Account and Service plan; (d) promptly notify Starhost if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches or unauthorized access related to the Services; (e) take responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account or Service plan and accept all risks of any authorized or unauthorized access to your Account or Service plan; and (f) not open multiple Accounts or Service plans in order to bypass any restrictions or overage charges set forth by Starhost.
- If there is a dispute about the ownership of an Account, we reserve the right to investigate and determine ownership of the Account based on our reasonable judgment.
Fees and Payment
- Client shall timely pay all required fees as determined by Starhost in its sole discretion (the “Fees”) by a valid payment method (e.g., credit card). You acknowledge and agree that (a) subscription Fees will be prepaid, meaning that subscription Fees will be paid at the beginning of the subscription period, (b) that on a monthly or annual basis your Account will be automatically renewed, and (c) Fees will be automatically charged to the valid payment method you provided. To avoid automatic payments and renewal, you may cancel your Account pursuant to Section 10 below.
- If you fail to timely pay your Fees, Starhost may terminate or suspend your Account and the Services pursuant to Section 10. Disputed charges or chargebacks associated with any Account may, at Starhost’s discretion, result in suspension or termination of the Services.
- If you use the Services for or on behalf of your own third-party customers to design, build, or manage Client Websites, you remain fully responsible for all payments of Fees in connection with your Account, even if your own customers fail to make payment to you.
- Fees are stated in U.S. Dollars and, except as otherwise indicated at checkout, do not include any taxes (such as value added tax, sales tax, goods and services tax, etc.), levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities. You are responsible for paying any such taxes, and you agree to indemnify and hold Starhost harmless from and against any liabilities, interest, penalties, or fees assessed against Starhost arising from your failure to pay any such taxes.
- Starhost reserves the right to change its Fees at any time, upon prior advance notice to you. If you do not agree to a Fee change, you may cancel the Services without incurring the changed Fee, but no refund will be payable from any Fees you previously paid.
- If you received a promotional Fee or free trial, Starhost will automatically renew your Account and charge your payment method at the standard (i.e., non-promotional) Fee upon expiration of the promotional or free trial period.
- Starhost may enable you and End Users to post, import, upload, store, share, send, display, or otherwise transmit text, data, information, code, software, domain names, materials, designs, photos, images, video, music, logos, or any other content to or through the Services for the purpose of creating, managing, and operating your Client Websites (collectively, the “Client Content”).
Client Conduct and Acceptable Use